Tuesday, January 13, 2009

{My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie}


To many people recipes remind them of a place, a person or a time in their life. Many of my recipes come from my family. However, this recipe is not one of them. I do have a story about this recipe and it all started shortly after Lexi was born. You see, I had always worked full time (plus) before I had kids. I am lucky enough now to be able to be a full time Mom and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. When I had Lexi she was such a good baby and I found myself a little bored and missing my full time career. Something I never expected. To get to the point I decided that I was going to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. One that was yummy, but also made beautiful cookies. (It's the Martha Stewart in me.) Everyday for a month I tried out different recipes, and to no avail. I found some that were good, but didn't bake up pretty. I finally found this recipe and made a few minor changes to it. I'm not going to tell what changes I made, but I think they are fairly obvious. This recipe has since become my go-to recipe for cookies. I hope you'll give it a try and love it.

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

4 Eggs
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
4 Cups Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 Cup Butter Flavor Shortening
1/2 Cup Real Butter
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Tbsp. Vanilla
1 Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips (The cookies in the picture have M&M's...obviously)
Optional: 4oz. Bag of Walnuts

Cream eggs, sugars, shortening and butter together. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts. Refridgerate dough for at least 4 hours. I usually make the dough in the evening and wait until the next day to bake the cookies. Roll into 1" balls and bake at 325 for 14-16 minutes. Makes 6 dozen cookies.

No comments: