Sunday, March 8, 2009

{Great Depression Cooking}

Each morning I watch GMA as I get my kids and myself ready for the day. The other day Robin and Diane were talking about this "new" YouTube video called "Great Depression Cooking". The videos have a huge following that is growing by the minute. This peeked my interest and I had to see it for myself. This adorable 93-year-old great-grandmother named Clara has her own cooking show filmed by I believe her great-grandson. First of all, what a great memory making experience for the both of them. Second, what a great learning experience for the world. In her videos Clara teaches simple, inexpensive meals that she grew up on during the Great Depression. I have to admit there are a few that I will be trying out this weekends. If you are interested, please visit her website, where you can link to her YouTube videos. I thought these were fun to watch! She reminds me so much of my Granny, who was an incredible cook also!

No comments: