Sunday, January 4, 2009

{Stuffed Meatloaf}


This is a favorite around our house. Most people think it sounds difficult, but I promise that it's not. This is one of those recipes that I use when I just need to throw something together. I did take pictures of the steps to help out anyone that is wanting to try this recipe. By the way, I can't take credit for this one, I got it off of Good Things Utah.

What you need...


1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup chopped onion
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs; divided (I use Italian)
1 cup cheese
2 cups mashed potatoes (I use instant)
1 cup BBQ sauce

Combine all ingredients, except 1/4 cup bread crumbs, cheese, mashed potatoes and BBQ sauce, in a bowl. Lay out a piece of wax paper and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs (to prevent meat mixture from sticking to paper).


Form meat mixture in a rectangle on top of bread crumbs. Sprinkle with cheese, leaving a 1" border. Spread mashed potatoes on top of cheese.



Using wax paper to get it started, roll the meat in a jelly roll fashion with potatoes on the inside. Seal the edges and put in a lightly greased loaf pan.


Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350. Take meatloaf out of the oven and pour BBQ sauce on top. Return to the oven for and additional 5-10 minutes. If you try it, let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.

1 comment:

Ryan and Megan said...

Lindsey-
Wow this is so good and easy! I am not a great cook and it came out great. Karden who is usally sitting at the table 20 minutes after everyone is done because I'm making him eat 4 bites of dinner, actually had seconds! This is a keeper! Thanks!

Megan