Wednesday, April 29, 2009

{Corn-Hamburger Casserole}

My mom made this all the time while I was growing up, but over the years since I left my parents home I just didn't make it. After all my mom made it and I could always go home for some home cooking, right. Well, my husband really likes this recipe and even my kids love it, so I thought I should post it for all of you. It's quick, easy and yummy. What more could a busy mom ask for.

What you need:

1/2 bag of crinkly egg noodles
1 lb. hamburger
1 chopped onion
1 can of corn
2 cans of tomato soup
grated cheese

Cook noodles according to package instructions. Brown hamburger with onion. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Once hamburger is completely cooked stir in corn and tomato soup. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and layer ingredients in the following order: noodles, hamburger mixture, and enough cheese to cover the top of the casserole. Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake on 350 for 30 minutes. If you chill the casserole before baking, cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

No comments: