Thursday, April 30, 2009

{Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes}

I met Mindi a few years ago when she lived in my neighborhood. I always thought she was a very nice person, but never had a chance to get to know her well until about two and a half years ago when I joined her Bunko group. She is a wonderful person and I have loved getting to know her. One of the many wonderful things that I have learned about Mindi is that she is an absolutely fabulous cook! One of the best of the best. I am so thrilled that she is joining me in sharing her recipes with all of you. Thanks Mindi!

Here's what you need:

2 lbs. red potatoes (about 8), cut into 1/2" chunks.
1 Cup chicken broth
4 oz. Neufchatel Cheese
1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese

In a saucepan place potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil on high heat; simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring after 8 minutes. Uncover; stir potatoes. Simmer, uncovered for 5 to 6 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and most of the broth is absorbed.

Add Neufchatel cheese. reduce heat to low. Mash potatoes slightly until cheese is melted. Add sour cream and Parmesan cheese; mash until potatoes are smooth and heated through.

No comments: